What is the social/environmental problem/issue that this project will address?
Our project will help address:
• Health and well being both physically and mentally
• Respite and fun for carers
• Social isolation of disabled people
• Community Cohesion
• Disability Discrimination
• CO2 emmisions
Can you give us some statistics on this problem?
• 1 in 3 10-11 year olds are overweight or obese and this trend continues in high school (JSNA)
• 48,702 adults aged 16 to 74 have a limiting long term illness in Kirklees
• Over half (54%) of all adults were overweight or obese, especially those aged 46-64 years and men, in 2008.
• 2 in 5 of women aged 18-44 were overweight or obese in 2008.
• Those with diabetes, pain and heart disease were far more likely to be obese or overweight i.e. up to 3 in 4 in 2008.
• 1 in 5 of five year olds and 1 in 3 of 11 year olds were overweight or obese in 2009.
How will you deliver this?
We Run 3 sessions a week Tuesday Thursdays 10.30-14.30 and Saturday 12.30-15.00 all year round were anyone of any ability can cycle together around a safe track